OWC 2 BAY MERCURY ELITE PRO USB3.1/ESATA RAID 4TB
Add 4TB of USB 3.1 Gen 1 and eSATA 6G storage to your compatible Windows or Mac system with the Mercury Elite Pro Dual 4TB 2-Bay USB 3.1 Gen 1 RAID Array (2 x 2TB) from OWC / Other World Computing.
These drives are pre-configured in RAID 0 via hardware, and the array itself is designed for creative workflows, HD video, project archives, and system backups in environments ranging from production studios to home offices. 4TB also provides you with plenty of space to store files such as music, photos, movies, and documents. When configured as RAID 0, this array provides data transfer speeds up to 407 MB/s.
Within the array are two SATA III 3.5″ drive bays that each house a single 2TB 7200 rpm SATA III 3.5″ hard drive, each of which has a 32MB cache, for a total system cache of 64MB. Since the array ships with two drives, they can be hardware configured as RAID 0, 1, SPAN, or Independent modes, each of which offers performance, data redundancy, or a combination of both. However, please be aware this array is hardware configured as a RAID 0 volume, which provides increased read and write speeds, but no data redundancy.
This volume will be recognized on systems running OS X 10.6.8 and later, as well as Windows XP and later. When connected to a compatible Mac via USB, the Mercury Elite Pro Dual may also be used as a boot drive, and connectivity is achieved using an integrated 5 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-B port, or an integrated 6 Gb/s eSATA 6G port. For those who do not have USB 3.1 Gen 1, the USB 3.1 Gen 1 port is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 at speeds up to 480 Mb/s. To help ensure a smooth operating environment, the array uses a cooling fan, and its included 100~240 VAC power supply runs at 50/60 Hz to help ensure worldwide compatibility.
Also included with the with the OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual is a 2.0′ USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-B to Type-A cable, a 3.3′ eSATA 6G cable, and a power cable. Protection is provided by a limited 3-year warranty that includes complimentary Level 1 data recovery for one year.
- 2 x 2TB 7200 rpm 3.5″ Hard Drives
- 2 x SATA III 3.5″ Drive Bays
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-B and eSATA 6G Ports
- RAID 0, 1, SPAN, and Independent Modes
- Hardware RAID Workhorse – Reliable hardware RAID maximizes the full potential of two 3.5″ 7200 rpm hard drives in the Mercury Elite Pro Dual. It comes configured in high-speed RAID 0 mode for the high sustained throughput from your drives
- Performance by Design – Mercury Elite Pro Dual features both high-speed USB 3.0 (also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1) and eSATA 6G ports to offer the connectivity and versatility to work with your current equipment at fast speeds